Buyers want to succeed in a sellers’ market. They want to stop searching for a home, and get busy moving in! These graphs show why buyers on North Whidbey need to be ready to react quickly and make strong offers on the homes they want. Inventory was at a near-record low in February at 1.6 months (derived by dividing total number of properties on the market by the number that sold in February). That means there is more competition than ever for home buyers, especially for starter homes and homes for young families.
What is my strategy for helping buyers succeed finding their next home in this tight sellers’ market?
In order to help buyers succeed in this sellers’ market I engage a 5-step process.
- Meet to discuss the buyer’s most important priorities for their home search.
- Set up an auto-email which notifies buyers the instant a home matching their search parameters hits the market.
- Utilize a personalized smart phone app allowing instant, drive-by information on potential properties to my buyers.
- Respond quickly to requests from buyers to get inside the homes they want to see.
- Provide expert advice in crafting an offer that will be attractive to sellers, while cautioning against overpaying.